THE COOPERATIVE INSTITUTE FOR MARINE AND ATMOSPHERIC STUDIES (CIMAS)
University of Miami
Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric, and Earth Science
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
Miami, Florida 33149
- Tropical Weather Observations, Analysis and Prediction – The collection and analysis of observations; predictive modeling and data assimilation; studying the optimum configurations for observation networks with a special focus on tropical cyclones.
- Ocean and Climate Observations, Analysis and Prediction – Understanding oceanic and atmospheric processes, the collection, analysis, improvement and optimization of observations of the ocean and coastal environment, determining effective regional adaptation strategies, improving model representation of ocean processes.
- Ecosystem Observations, Modeling, Forecasting and Management – Improved understanding, modeling and forecasting of the structure and function of marine ecosystems including ecosystem services provide for the Southeast U.S. coastal ocean, the Caribbean Sea, and Gulf of Mexico Large Marine Ecosystems.
- Protection and Restoration of Marine Resources – Defining , observing, forecasting, and protecting components of marine protected areas and restoring habitats and populations to form healthy productive systems.
- Caribbean Coastal Ocean Observing System (CARICOOS)
- Florida Atlantic University*
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida International University*
- Florida State University
- NOVA Southeastern University*
- University of Florida
- University of Puerto Rico*
- University of South Florida
- University of the Virgin Islands*
* Minority Serving Institution
|First 5-Year Award|
|Award Period||October 1, 2020 –|
September 30, 2025
|October 2020 – June 2021|
July 2021 – June 2022
July 2022 – June 2023
|CI Review by|
Science Advisory Board
|Scheduled for 2024|