THE COOPERATIVE INSTITUTE FOR MARINE RESOURCES STUDIES (CIMRS)
Oregon State University
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
Newport, Oregon 97365-5229
- Marine Ecosystems and Habitat – This theme emphasizes ecosystem monitoring using new and established tools and approaches; large-scale environmental and small-scale process studies for understanding ecosystem health, habitat function, and environmental change; modeling and forecasting activities that use current and past ecological, environmental and socio-economic data.
- Protection and Restoration of Marine Resources – This theme emphasizes the assessment, spatial planning, distributions and genetics of managed species in marine as well as estuarine habitats.
- Seafloor Processes – This theme emphasizes seafloor spreading-center activity, volcanism and hydrothermal systems and assess their impacts on the physical, chemical and biological components of the world oceans: using the most advanced technologies in seafloor imaging, and physical, chemical, and biological oceanography.
- Marine Bioacoustics – This theme emphasizes the marine soundscape: monitoring the levels of naturally-occuring and man-made noise in the oceans, and assessing their impacts on marine life; using the most advanced technologies for acoustic surveys in coastal and deep-ocean environments, especially remote areas of the global oceans.
|First 5-Year Award||Second 5-Year Award|
|Award Period||October 1, 2011 –|
September 20, 2016*
|October 1, 2016 –|
September 30, 2021^+
|October 2011 – June 2012|
July 2012 – June 2013
July 2013 – June 2014
July 2014 – June 2015
July 2015 – June 2016
July 2016 – June 2017
July 2017 – September 2018
October 2016 – June 2017
|CI Review by|
Science Advisory Board
* CIMRS received two no-cost extensions between October 1, 2016 – September 30, 2018.
^ CIMRS received a no-cost extension until September 30, 2022.
+ CIMRS received a second no-cost extension until October 1, 2023.