Oregon State University
Hatfield Marine Science Center
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
Newport, OR 97365-5229
Dr. Michael Banks
- Marine Ecosystems and Habitat - This theme emphasizes ecosystem monitoring using new and established tools and approaches; large-scale environmental and small-scale process studies for understanding ecosystem health, habitat function, and environmental change; modeling and forecasting activities that use current and past ecological, environmental and socio-economic data.
- Protection and Restoration of Marine Resources - This theme emphasizes the assessment, spatial planning, distributions and genetics of managed species in marine as well as estuarine habitats.
- Seafloor Processes - This theme emphasizes seafloor spreading-center activity, volcanism and hydrothermal systems and assess their impacts on the physical, chemical and biological components of the world oceans: using the most advanced technologies in seafloor imaging, and physical, chemical, and biological oceanography.
- Marine Bioacoustics - This theme emphasizes the marine soundscape: monitoring the levels of naturally-occuring and man-made noise in the oceans, and assessing their impacts on marine life; using the most advanced technologies for acoustic surveys in coastal and deep-ocean environments, especially remote areas of the global oceans.
* CIMRS received two no-cost extensions between October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2018.